essay about film
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
To build up an annotated bibliography, you need to pick two of the films we have watched as your primary sources and four secondary texts that are relevant to and help you understand or argue about your research topic. (what we used watch in the class is Farewell My Concubine and love letter1995) i already upload my past essay and you can see first
- For each citation:
Please try to collect the most useful materials that engage your interests, shape your exploration, inspire your thinking, and might support your writing for MP2.
- The TWO films could be any cinematic/televisual texts we have watched and worked on in class (fiction film, animation, video essay, and any kind of shorts)
- THREE of these four secondary texts should be from scholarly sources (either the course readings or journal articles/books accessed through the UW library database).
- One of the four could be but not limited to online popular cultural resources (eg. NYTimes movie review, cinephiliac personal essay, audiences’ viewing comments, fanfiction as a form of review, etc).
You should provide a (MLA or Chicago) formatted citation for each of the six sources and then you will provide an annotation for each source/text.
- For each annotation:
Be sure your synthesis includes:
- Clear SUMMARY of arguments from that source
- Clear EVALUATION (of your own) on why the source is CREDIBLE (and/or discussion of any flaws/issues you foresee within the argument of the article)
- Clear EXPLANATION as to HOW YOU WILL USE the article within your research
Your annotation for each source should be concise and written in a consistent, academic tone.
Outcome(s) Targeted: 1, 2 (Specifically: 1.3, 1.4, 2.4 and 2.5)
—Outcome 1.3: the writer can write for different audiences and contexts,
–Outcome 1.4: the writer can articulate and assess the effects of his or her writing,
—Outcome 2.4: can use multiple types of evidence from various sources,
–Outcome 2.5: demonstrates responsible use of the MLA system of documenting sources
Annotated Bibliography Format
- 1-2 pages; with page numbers; 12 pt. Times New Roman
DUE Post both via “assignment” section and on Canvas discussion board by 11:59 p.m. on Saturday, May 13.
Sample (Please also refer to the MLA format document I shared with you earlier this quarter and the Disciplinary Samples with notes)
Smith, Cherise. Enacting Others: Politics of Identity in Eleanor Antin, Nikki S. Lee, Adrian Piper, and Anna Deavere Smith. Durham: Duke University Press, 2011.
Drawing from the academic traditions of both Art History and Ethnic Studies, Smith’s book centers on the transracial performances of figures associated with high, rather than popular, art. Using arguments about drag, passing, and minstrelsy, Smith situates the artists within particular time periods and artistic traditions. Although my article focuses more narrowly on images of multiracial people, the book’s discussion of the status of “minority” artists within the art world provides an important context for my study. Clearly written for an art history audience, much of the material on race was familiar to me already and, thus, not useful for my article. Her broader argument about the power exercised by the artist in promoting and directing certain kinds of cross-racial and mono-racial identification will need to be referenced and explored further in my literature review.