i have attached the pre-writing. you just need to completet it following the instructions below.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Return to the Memorandum Guide and Complete Missing Elements of Your Memorandum
The work you did in the pre-writing assignment did not produce the complete memorandum. That assignment was designed to get you thinking about important elements of the assignment, without having to produce the entire document. you will complete all elements of the memorandum, being careful to remember who you are writing to. Also make sure that you:
- Have an analysis to support your recommendation. In your analysis section, write about your findings in a way that makes them meaningful to your audience and relevant to your recommendation. Do not explain how calculations were completed, rather be sure to address the content. Use language that non-statisticians can understand.
- The graphic you created in the pre-writing assignment should be located in your document so it can be viewed at the same time the reader is referencing the part of the text they pertain to. For this assignment, you should have a second graphic in the attachment, to summarize the data you were provided, rather than including the entire excel fine and data coding table.
- Add a conclusion.
- For the attachment for this assignment create a second graphic you will use to summarize the data you were provided, rather than including the entire excel spreadsheet and data coding table. It will be on its own page BUT it will be part of one Word document you will upload. (Remove the questions and answer from the final memorandum.) Be sure to reword the attachment description at the end of the main document.
The United States military has been involved as a peace-keeping force in a humanitarian effort to prevent further genocide in the country of Linhir. Many soldiers have died in this effort. The government has recently approved the use of emergency funds to improve the situation, but funding will only support one initiative. The officer in charge of the theater of operations, your commanding officer, has asked you, a military engineer, rank of Lieutenant, to evaluate the situation and recommend a course of action to reduce the number of fatalities and enable the peace-keeping force to remain in place. Analyze the provided data regarding soldier fatalities in a one-month period and make a recommendation regarding what the government and military should do.
Audience: Any time you prepare a professional document, you should consider the audience that you are writing the document for. You should tailor the content, language, tone, and structure of the document to the audience you are addressing. This document is being prepared for senior-level government and military members. Ask yourself what they can be reasonably expected to know about this topic, and what they need to know to make an informed decision. Address the memorandum to The United States Secretary of Defense (Find the current Secretary of Defense’s name and title).
Provide carbon copies (cc)’s to :
- The House of Representatives Defense Subcommittee
- The United States Senate Defense Subcommittee
Tone: The Audience for this document requires that the style is precise and professional.
- Utilize plain language when describing your analysis, as you cannot assume all readers will be statistically literate. However, there are also some who will understand statistics and will want to understand the statistical logic that you used to determine your recommendation.
- Start the document with a summary that readers can read to understand the essential elements of the document – the context of the issue, what is being examined and how, and the recommendation you will make.
- Develop the document around a direct, coherent message (thesis), and clear evidence to support it.
- Do not use contractions, slang or colloquialisms (Links to an external site.), clichés (Links to an external site.), abbreviations, or text message shortcuts.
Data: Each number on the attached spreadsheet represents the most recent completed month of data collection on the cause of the death of soldiers. Each number in the data set represents one death. The cause of death represented by each number is identified on the table below. Use the data from the entire month in your calculations.
|Cause of Fatality||Code|
|Exploding ordnance wound||8|