WRITE 4 PARAGRAPHS (INSTRUCTIONS FOR EACH ARE BELOW)
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
PARAGRAPH 1: Buddhism
Respond in writing to the following questions after watching the video above.
- Compare and contrast the teachings of Jesus and Buddha. What are some main differences between Buddhism and Christianity, Judaism, and Islam?
- How might Jesus have responded to the following line from the Buddha’s sermons: “… he in whom self has become extinct … will desire neither worldly nor heavenly pleasures”? How might the Buddha have responded to the following line from the Sermon on the Mount: “You must … be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect”?
- How would Augustine of Hippo respond to Buddhism’s Four Noble Truths? How would a Roman stoic respond to the Truths?
PARAGRAPH 2: The Medieval Church
Respond in writing to the questions below after watching the video above.
- What powers and authority did the Church exercise in medieval society?
- Illustrate and provide support for the ways in which the Church played both a religious and secular role in medieval society.
PARAGRAPH 3: Sistine Chapel
“It is scarcely possible, even with hard work, to imitate what Michelangelo accomplished. The ceiling is a true beacon of our art, and it has brought such enlightenment to paint that it illuminated a world which for hundreds of years had been in a state of darkness.” Giorgio Vasari, Lives of the Most Eminent Painters, Sculptors, and Architects (1550, 1568)
- In the quotation above, Vasari articulates a concept of artistic progress with reference to Michelangelo’s work on the Sistine Chapel. How did the ceiling exemplify Varari’s claims about Michelangelo’s accomplishments? Provide specific examples.
- Define Neoplatonism. From the text, how were Michelangelo and other Renaissance artists influenced by Neoplatonism? Provide specific examples.
PARAGRAPH 4: The Renaissance and Science
Respond in writing to the following questions.
- How was Renaissance art informed by the sciences, and how were the sciences informed by Renaissance art?
- You can provide examples from either the Italian Renaissance or Northern Renaissance or both. Please provide at least three specific examples.