Please answer the following questions before coming to class. This homework will get you ready to engage in a discussion about the reading/issues discussed in class.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
1. Paredes lists the major points of what he calls the “Anglo Texan legend.” According to him, what factors have contributed to the origin of the legend’s stereotype? (5-6 sentences)
2. Look at the beginning of the selection. According to Paredes, how was border society structured? What advantages did that system have? (5-6 sentences)
3. The selection discusses the tension that existed between the Mexicans and Anglos in Texas. What are the origins of these conflicts? How did they manifest themselves? What were the final outcomes? (5-6 sentences)
4. Paredes refers to Gregorio Cortez several times, and the title “With His Pistol in His Hand” is an allusion to a famous ballad about Cortez. Research the life of Gregorio Cortez. Why is he considered a hero for the people who live on the Texas-Mexico border? (5-6 sentences)
5. Paredes mentions Professor Webb, the “most distinguished historian Texas has produced.” Does he characterize Professor Webb in a positive or negative way? Explain your answer and use textual evidence for support.
This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome
Total Points: 3.0