Having a thorough project schedule, which is continually monitored and updated, is critical for a project to be successful. This assignment will build off the Unit 2 WBS and personnel chart that you created in Microsoft Project. Please open that file and proceed with the below tasks. Note you may want to review and incorporate feedback from your instructor from Unit 2 prior to completing this assignment.
Prior to starting the assignment please watch the following videos:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- How to add in predecessors to your project (Links to an external site.)
- Critical Path (Links to an external site.)
- Project Resource Leveling (Links to an external site.)
Now that you have watched the videos, complete the following:
- Project Schedule
- Set the beginning date to your project to the current date and then add in the predecessors to each of the tasks. Note you do not need to put predecessors on the heading or groupings – just the tasks where work is performed. You will see the dates will automatically update based on the durations that you populated from Unit 2.
- The goal here is to allow project to automatically compute the project timeline and end date for you.
- Critical Path
- Now show the critical tasks in Microsoft Project.
- In the Gantt chart view, set to show the Critical Path.
- Summarize in a Word document what tasks are part of the critical path.
- Resource Constraints/Leveling
- Your project may or may not have resource constraints. A resource constraint would be called out by the red icon to the left of the task. This will commonly happen if you have multiple tasks occurring in the same timeframe, yet the assigned resources do not have enough time within that timeframe to complete the work.
- Take a moment to write down the project end date and total duration.
- Complete resource leveling by choosing “Level all” under the Resource tab
- Did your project end date change? By how much? Offer a couple sentences within a Word document as to why the project end date did or did not change.