Toyota Process Improvement
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Note: You must complete Assessment 1 before beginning this assessment.
Write a report that explores an existing process in need of
improvement at Toyota at the time of the 2010 accelerator crisis. This
process will be at the center of your operations improvement plan (OIP).
This assessment should build on the work you did in Assessment 1,
looking more closely at key details. (I have included assignment 1)
Your report should outline your process improvement idea and include the following elements:
- Problem statement: What exactly needs to be
improved? Use problem framing and cause-and-effect analysis to develop a
brief, preliminary problem statement. Note: You will expand your problem statement in Assessment 3.
- Background of the issue: Detail relevant historical data, including how long the problem has been occurring and what it is costing the organization. Note: You are not expected to provide specific data results at this early stage of your investigation.
- Impact: What could happen if the problem
continues as it is? What could happen if the process is improved?
Outline both tangible and intangible pros and cons for improving the
issue or ignoring it. Identify some potential general business results
and impacts on business relationships.
- Desired outcome: How will your new process be
different from the old? What competitive advantages will it yield? How
will it impact stakeholders? Consider the cost-benefits of the process
improvement, estimating how much will it cost the organization and
outlining how costs will be offset by the benefits derived.
The work you do for this assessment will inform your work in future
assessments. You will also draw on it for the final, comprehensive OIP
that you will submit in Assessment 6.
- Length of assessment: 3–5 typed, double-spaced pages.
- APA formatting: Format resources and citations according to APA style and formatting.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.