Term Paper: DHS Progress
$5 a page. 11-15. Not including the title page and the reference page
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has made a number of strides in recent years, including 2011. The department’s organization and cooperation with other agencies continues to strengthen. Read the article discussing the success of the DHS in 2011 located at http://www.dhs.gov/ynews/releases/20111222-dhs-progress-2011.shtm.
Write a ten to fifteen (10-15) page paper in which you:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Explain how the DHS has changed from its inception in 2001 to what it has become today.
- Describe how the relationships between the DHS and other law enforcement and intelligence agencies have transformed over the years.
- Analyze the current structure of the DHS and other agencies protecting the United States from internal and external threats. Suggest three (3) changes to the current structure of the DHS and justify your suggestions.
- Describe the top three (3) characteristics of homeland security that the United States needs to address in the immediate future and why.
- Discuss the existing roadblocks that are preventing the DHS from addressing these top concerns.
- Predict the role cyber terrorism could play in future attacks against the United States and its allies. Describe what you consider to be the largest cyber threat(s) to the nation.
- Use at least five (5) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the foundations of homeland security.
- Analyze the role of intelligence and counterterrorism activities among federal agencies.
- List and describe the various types of and practice of cybercrime.
- Summarize border security and immigration issues.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in homeland security.
- Write clearly and concisely about topics related to Homeland Security Organization and Administration using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.