SQL Database Assignment, Computer Science homework help
Download, unzip, and attach (to SQL Server) the sample Northwind Traders SQL Server database found in the Week 10 module area. Write the needed SQL for each of the following situations and upload your completed document when done for grading.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
1. Write the needed SQL to list all product names (and only product names) from the Products table that fall into the category of “condiments.” The list of products should be in ascending order.
2. Write the needed SQL to update the description of the “Produce” category from “Dried fruit and bean curd” to “Dried fruit, bean curd, and soy.”
3. Write the needed SQL to produce a list that will contain the following columns:
OrderID, OrderDate, RequiredDate, ShippedDate, Quantity, UnitPrice, ProductName
The list should contain only the orders that were placed in April 1997 (the entire month). The list should be in ascending order by OrderDate and then Quantity.
4. Write the needed SQL to update all suppliers in Germany that do not have a fax number by setting their fax number to ‘N/A.’
5. Write the needed SQL to produce a list with the following columns.
CustomerID, CompanyName, OrderID, OrderDate, Order Item Count
The list will contain (as the last column) the total number of order items per order. Display the results in ascending order by company name and order id. Here is an example:
6. Write the needed SQL to delete all order information for customer “QUICK-Stop.”
7. Write the needed SQL (DDL) to perform the following changes in the Northwind database. Your answers under each of the following should show the SQL DDL you need to perform each task.
7a. Remove columns “HomePhone” and “Extension” from the Employees table.
7b. Create a new table called PhoneNumber with the following schema (column name, data type, nullability):
PhoneNumber_ID int not null PK
PhoneNumber_AreaCode char(3) null
PhoneNumber_Prefix char(3) not null
PhoneNumber_Extension char(4) not null
7c. Write the needed SQL DDL to set up a relationship between Employees (parent table) and PhoneNumber (child table). This is a one-to-many relationship (one employee can have many phone numbers).
7d. Write the needed SQL DDL to create a non-unique non-clustered secondary index on the “LastName” column in the Employees table.