Relationships can erode if self-monitoring does not take place. In an MS Word document, share 3 examples of something that someone said to you recently that was important. Write out what you could have said using any of the listening response styles. Use the information below to guide you in creating your assignment (some examples are provided).
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Someone said to you: (i.e. my best friend called me to say she is getting a divorce)
- Listening Response 1: (i.e. Evaluating)
- How you would say it: (i.e. “That sounds like a really bad idea. Seems like you are just giving up on your marriage.”)
- Listening Response 2: (i.e. Questioning)
- How you would say it: (i.e. What? Why? Are you sure you guys can’t work it out? Have you considered counseling?”
- Listening Response 3: (i.e. Supporting)
- How you would say it: (i.e. I’m sure this is really hard for you and this hasn’t been an easy road. Even if you’ve been unhappy and you know it’s the right thing to do, it’s a hard thing to have to go through. I’m here for you if you want to talk about it anymore.)
Conclude your assignment with a response to the following questions: What type of response did you use? What did you say, and what effect did it have? Was there a better type of response you could have used? If so, explain.