The article “It’s Time to End Social Security for the Rich” discusses a potential (partial) solution to the growing problems with Social Security funding that will become very salient in the future. In this assignment, you will read:
1. Read the Brookings[Piece by Stuart Butler]
2. Read Saving Social Security by Diamond and Orzsag
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
* I HAVE ATTACHED BOTH ARTICLES
Then, I want you to pretend you are a policy analyst for a local politician who has been tasked to write a short policy piece. In 2 – 3 pages (NO MORE THAN 3), I want you to address the following:
– Overview of the policy problem at hand
– What is the economic rationale for the current Social Security system
– What is the economic rationale for the abolishing the current system and installing one similar to the one that Butler advocates.
– Be sure to focus on key issues: e.g. adverse selection, moral hazard, fairness, redistribution.
– What would you advocate your politician do?
Support maintaining the system that is currently in place (and finding a new way to insure solvency) or install a program that acts more like a system for the poor?
Your short papers should have the following format:
– No more than 3 pages
– Types with 1.5 – 2 spacing and 11-12 pt font
– Separate headings
– Any reference(s) in proper format
I HAVE ALSO ATTACHED A SHEET WITH STRUCTURING AND TIPS AND EXAMPLES. ALSO SOME POWERPOINTS FOR REFERENCE TO THE KEY ISSUES AND POLICIES.