Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Read selected sections of Nelson, J. A. P., Young, B. J., Young, E.
J., & Cox, G. (2010). Using teacher-written praise notes to promote a
positive environment in a middle school. Preventing School Failure, 54(2),
119-125. You should read the Abstract, Introduction, Participants and
Setting, Procedure, Measures (paragraph 1 only), Data Analysis
(paragraph 1 only), Results (paragraph 1 only), and Discussion
(paragraph 1 and 2 only).
In an essay of 250-500 words, use the scenario presented in part 1a, above, to answer the following questions:
- What statistical test was used in Nelson et al., (2010)?
- Did the authors use the correct statistical test? In other words,
what was their rationale for using this test (i.e., were the variables
discrete or continuous and was the test appropriate for this type of
- What was the research question? How did the statistical test address and answer the research question?
- How did the authors interpret the results of this study?
Review the SPSS output file which reports the results of the
correlation to see if there is a correlation between the cost of beer
and the number of calories it contains or the cost of beer and the
volume of alcohol it contains. Answer the following questions based on
your observations of the SPSS output file:
Based on the correlation coefficients (r-values) that were computed and their statistical significance, what conclusions do you draw regarding
- The researcher’s question of correlation between the cost of beer and the number of calories it contains?
- The researcher’s question of correlation between the cost of beer and the volume of alcohol it contains?