Assignment Choice #1: Case Study – Medicare Fraud and Abuse Report
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
In this assignment we examine the legal and ethical implications of fraud and abuse with Medicare. Use the CSU-Global Library and the internet to identify a real-world case of Medicare fraud and/or abuse. Write a 4-5 page report using the readings, research, and your knowledge of health law and ethics to analyze this case.
Your report should address the following substantive requirements:
- Description of what occurred, who was affected, and why
- Assess the case from the following perspectives:
- Ethical – identify the ethical principles involved in this situation from the perspective of all those involved.
- Legal – what are the legal implications and what laws or statutes were involved?
- Provide two recommendations for how to manage this case from the perspective of the healthcare organization involved. What could have been done to prevent this situation?
- Recommend next steps to manage this case.
Your report should meet the following structural requirements:
- Be 4-5 pages in length, not including the cover or reference pages.
- Be formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements.
- Provide support for your statements with in-text citations from a minimum of four (4) scholarly articles. Two (2) of these sources may be from the class readings, textbook, or lectures, but two (2) must be external. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find these references.
- Utilize the following headings to organize the content in your work.