Review the case study “Alaska Airlines: Navigating Change” and then complete the following: (a) State what actually occurred in the case regarding Kotter’s first two steps of establishing a sense of urgency and creating the guiding team in a change effort and (b) address each of the critical elements for Section II parts A and B in your change effort analysis. Make sure to include your recommendations for implementing Kotter’s steps 1 and 2.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
A. Create Urgency
- Describe a plan to create urgency within the organization and convince stakeholders that this change needs to take place.
- What processes currently exist for implementing change? How will these processes need to be updated for the proposed change?
- Describe the strategy you will use to get support from your employees. How will this strategy be effective?
B. Build a Guiding Coalition
- Identify who should be involved in this guiding coalition. Provide rationale for each choice. Kotter likes 50% leaders and 50% managers with experience, while others prefer the composition to be 33% leaders, 33% managers, and 33% informal leaders, but you can assemble the guiding coalition as you see fit.
- Determine steps you can take to ensure commitment from those involved. Describe those steps.