Microsoft Case Study Analysis
i’m looking for assistance with the following assignment.
Directions: At the end of Chapter 14, read the Something to Think About section titled Hand Me a Towel. You may also want to check out these additional resources:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Bloomberg Businessweek Magazine – Making the Case for Unequal Pay and Perks
- CNNMoney – Good Job, Microsoft
- Bloomberg Businessweek Magazine – How to Make Microsoft Smile
- Bloomberg Businessweek Magazine – Online Extra: Microsoft’s Meet-My-Mood Offices
- Bloomberg Businessweek Magazine – Online Extra: Reshaping Microsoft’s HR Agenda
In a 1-2 page paper, answer these questions:
- What do you think? Should Microsoft have stayed firm in its resolve to cut costs, even at the risk of upsetting the corporate culture?
- Did the employees have any bargaining power in this situation?
- Was the original towel resolution an example of distributive or integrative bargaining?
- How would you classify Lisa Brummel’s solution – distributive or integrative bargaining? Why? What makes it one or the other?
- Did this conflict result in a creative outcome? Why or why not?
Submission: To submit your file, choose the link titled, Assignment 7: Hand Me a Towel, above.