Suppose the number of equipment sales and service contracts that a store sold during the last six (6) months for treadmills and exercise bikes was as follows:
Treadmill Exercise Bike
Total sold 195 138
Service contracts 60 45
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
The store can only sell a service contract on a new piece of equipment. Of the 195 treadmills sold, 60 purchased a service contract. Of the 138 exercise bikes, 45 purchased a service contract.
Remember to watch the instructional video and use the excel template provided to help you with the math.
Complete the following questions in the space provided below:
- Is there a major difference between the two pieces of equipment? Why or why not?
- Interpret the meaning of the confidence interval for Treadmills at a 95% confidence level.
- Interpret the meaning of the confidence interval for Exercise Bikes at a 95% confidence level.
- Are confidence intervals one-tailed or two-tailed?
- Construct a 95 percent confidence interval for the difference between the proportions of service contracts sold on treadmills versus exercise bikes.