View the short video and the case study descriptions before starting your assignment:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
National Federation of Independent Business. (2015). Understanding Employment at Will | NFIB Legal Ease. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rryJ9gJq7s0
Patti recently started working for Empire Hospital in the
claims/billing department. Her duties included preparing and submitting
Medicare/Medicaid claims for payment. Shortly after being hired Patti
noticed there were numerous irregularities which were potentially
illegal billings to Medicare. When she raised the issue to her
supervisor Eric, she was terminated. Patti inquired as to the reason and
was told that according to the staff handbook all employees are hired
“At Will”; thus, no reason or notice was needed for her termination.
In a 3- to 4-page paper respond to the following:
- What is “AT WILL” employment?
- Are there any exceptions to “AT WILL” employment?
- As the director of HR for Golden Hospital what concerns would you have over Patti’s termination?
- Who should be notified about her termination? Why?
How would you handle the situation with her supervisor, Eric?
- Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to justify/support your position and answers to the questions.
- Limit your response to a maximum of 4 pages.
- Include an introduction and conclusion in your paper.
- Support your case with peer-reviewed articles, with at least 3-4
references. Use the following link for additional information on how to
recognize peer-reviewed journals: http://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php.
- You may use the following source to assist in your formatting your assignment: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/.