Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Assignment 2: LASA 1—Diagnosis for Substance Use Disorder with Co-occurring Disorder
In your professional capacity as a substance abuse counselor, you are not permitted to give diagnoses for mental disorders other than those related to substance abuse. However, you will likely be exposed to clients with mental health disorders in the assessment or treatment process. The competent substance abuse evaluator will be able to identify clients who present mental health disorders and make the appropriate referrals. Providing appropriate referrals for clients is common in the substance abuse field.
In M1: Assignment 3, you developed a case history for a person with an addiction. In this assignment, you will develop a case history and include one mental disorder. The inclusion of a mental disorder in your case study will aid in the examination of co-occurring disorders. You will then present your diagnosis and referrals.
This assignment has two parts. Complete both parts.
Create a case history for a person with an addiction and a mental disorder. Do not include identifying information. Include the following elements in your case history:
- Demographics—including age, gender, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, marital status, number and ages of children, living arrangements, and religion if applicable
- Presenting problem
- Previous psychiatric treatment of patient
- Previous chemical treatment of patient
- Chemical history
- Medical history—including disabilities if applicable
- Work and education history
- Legal or financial concerns
- Family background
- Concerned person involvement
- Referral source
Analyze the case history and present your diagnosis as related to substance use disorders. Include the following in your diagnosis:
- Summarize key case study elements you would use to formulate a diagnosis and guide your treatment plan.
- Identify at least two assessment tools that you would use to formulate a diagnosis. Justify why you have selected these tools.
- State your diagnosis related to substance use disorders. Justify your reasons for your diagnosis.
- Identify other concerns and offer recommendations and referral opportunities. Justify your reasons and explanations.
Write a 3–4-page report in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M3_A2.doc.
By Wednesday, February 10, 2016, deliver your assignment to the M3: Assignment 2 Dropbox.
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria||
|Created a robust case history including details for each of the required elements.||
|Summarized the key case study elements used to formulate a diagnosis and guide your treatment plan.||
|Identified at least two assessment tools for diagnosis.||
|Justified why you chose these assessment tools.||
|Stated and justified diagnosis of the client.||
|Identified and justified other concerns and offered recommendations and referral opportunities for the client.||
[img alt=”” width=”220″ height=”40″ src=”http://myeclassonline.com/ec/courses/AUO_files/AUcopyright.gif”>