Introduction to Balanced Literacy
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Read the following short web articles about balanced literacy:
- What is balanced literacy? (Will be attached)
- Balanced Literacy Instruction: A Truce for the Reading War? http://www.k12reader.com/balanced-literacy-instruc…
- Components of balanced literacy. (Will be attached)
Now, find and read an article published post-2000 about balanced literacy in a peer-reviewed journal from the International Reading Association. The Ashford University Library has access to these journals. (Challenge: Find an article that does not support balanced literacy.)
- Create a PowerPoint or Prezi (or feel free to use
another digital tool with instructor approval). Your presentation
title is “What is Balanced Literacy?”
- Describe what you have learned about balanced
literacy. Pretend you will be presenting this workshop to brand new
teachers from another country.
- You will be presenting at least ten slides, not including title and reference slides.
- On the last slide, include a list of sources in APA style.
**An article is attached but if you find a better one, you can use that as long as it is peer-reviewed**
Spiegel, D. L. (1998). Silver bullets, babies, and bath water: Literature response groups in a balanced literacy program. Reading Teacher, 52(2), 114.