Imagine that you have just stepped into a new role as the office manager for a successful medical clinic. The clinic is a conglomeration of physicians offering specialized care. Each physician group tried to manage its own billing process. It quickly became clear that one billing office would be more efficient. You realize a lack of consistency has existed in the clinic and that you will need to update the billing policies and procedures immediately. You also recognize that people often resist change. One way to minimize this resistance is to provide credible evidence supporting the changes you plan to make.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
You assignment is to prepare a proposal for the physicians about the billing policy and procedure changes you plan to make. To help ensure buy-in from the physicians, you will provide relevant evidence to support each change.
Write a proposal for changes you would like to make to the billing policies and procedures for a physicians’ clinic. Include all of the following in your proposal:
- Explain how the proposed changes will benefit the patients, physicians, and the clinic.
- Develop a step-by-step process for the entire revenue cycle, from preverification of insurance to accounts receivable management.
- Recommend a method for determining a pricing structure.
- Be sure to consider the factors that influence pricing.
- Explain the factors to be considered when negotiating insurance contracts.
- Determine the major payer categories appropriate for this practice.
- Explain how the clinic will handle private pay and charity care.
- The discussion in this unit will help you with writing this portion of your proposal.
- Recommend an installed or a web-based billing software system.
- Do not recommend a specific software brand, just the type of software needed.
Note: To increase physician buy-in, remember to provide a minimum of three current scholarly and/or authoritative resources to support the changes you are recommending. These resources should be over and above the resources provided to you in this unit’s studies.
- Written communication: Be sure that your proposal is clear, logical, and succinct. It also needs to be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Length: 3–4 double-spaced content pages in Times New Roman, 12-point type.
- Title and reference pages: Include a title and a reference page. Include a minimum of three references to current scholarly and/or authoritative resources. These resources need to be over and above the resources identified for you in this unit’s studies. Current means no more than five years old.
- APA format: Ensure in-text citations and references adhere to APA format. For an APA refresher, consult the APA Style and Format page on Campus.
- Scoring guide: Review this assignment’s scoring guide so that you understand how your instructor is going to evaluate your work.
Note: Your instructor may use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide feedback on your writing. In the tool, click the linked resources for helpful writing information.