Inductive & Deductive Reasoning
you will watch a short scene from the movie Sherlock Holmes (2009) in which Sherlock Holmes uses reasoning to reach conclusions about his friend Dr. Watson’s new fiancé, Mary Morstan. You will then decompose the premises and conclusions of arguments within this scene.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Watch the scene from Sherlock Holmes (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=388-rOzD9SM) and address each of the following:
- Choose two arguments from the scene.
- Identify whether each argument is inductive or deductive.
- Construct the argument using the following format:
- Besides detective work as we saw in the Sherlock Holmes scene, describe in 2-3 sentences a real-life situation that may rely on the use of deductive and inductive reasoning.
Premise #1: _______________________
Premise #2: _______________________
Hint: if an argument you chose is deductive, also make sure to follow the appropriate language template (e.g., denying the consequent, applying a generalization, etc.).