Public health has a long history and has achieved many significant accomplishments since the 18th and 19th centuries. It is important to understand the history of the discipline in order to understand the philosophy, values, current structure, function, and priorities of public health. In an essay of 750 to 1,000 words, address the following elements:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- How did public health begin in the United States? Describe the origins and explain the history of public health.
- What are the core values and philosophy of public health?
- Discuss the mission and scope of public health.
- Compare and contrast to the discipline of public health to that of medicine.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has identified the 10 greatest achievements in public health. Identify and describe one key milestone in public health and how that achievement relates to the health impact pyramid.
- Describe the value and significance of the selected achievement in public health today.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.