Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
TOPIC: HISPANIC CULTURE IN AMERICA RELATED TO SOCIAL WORK
Professor’s Comments on Topic…need to narrow down to a specific focus in the Hispanic Community in social work:
Wonderful job identifying your community and the relevant literature. What I would caution is that you attribute these characteristics to the entire population. What you describe above are typically the Latino population in a particular area (immigrants or those who are not acculturated appropriately). Be careful not to generalize certain characteristics to an entire population. When identifying the appropriate social work interventions, be sure to specifywho the target population will be and why.
In your Cultural Competency Paper you will need to discuss the history of the underserved population you identified in Week 2.
This week we want to help you begin working on this section of your paper by researching and writing about the history of your underserved population.
Use the select questions (taken from the final paper assignment) below, to guide you:
- How has this group been treated historically in our culture? What is the history (e.g., laws, experiences, etc.) related to this type of oppression? What assumptions, beliefs, or attributions appear to drive the oppression or discrimination of this group?
- What are examples of specific oppressive or discriminatory practices that this group has encountered as they interact with various institutions? You may include social, economic, educational, faith, and health care institutions in your discussion, as well as any other institutions of relevance.
- What examples of strength and resilience are, or have been, evident within members of this group?
Remember, when writing your papers please adhere to the following expectations:
- Organization – Five sentence paragraph with an introduction, three supporting sentences, and a conclusion sentence. Think about this same organization for your whole paper: five paragraphs in this paper, one paragraph as an introduction, three supporting paragraphs, and then your conclusion paragraph. (Please note: This format is only a suggestion, you may need more paragraphs to reach the expected length of each paper).
- Don’t rely too heavily on quotes. Take several articles and point them together into a unique way. We want your thinking supported by research. An example of this is to remember to paraphrase the work that you are researching and make it your words but still cite the source. We want to see more of your words and less quotes. When using the TurnItIn program the similarity should be 20% or less.
Your instructor will provide you with feedback that you can incorporate in your final paper.
This should be 1 – 2 pages long and should be APA formatted, making sure you use in-text citations for your references. You will be graded on content of the intervention and APA formatting.