For each Film Response, answer ONE question about ONE film in the “Films and Questions” page of this module.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
1) Each Film Response must be a minimum of 600 words. You may go over that minimum, but no Response even one word under the minimum will be accepted. Please include the word count in your heading (see #3).
2) I’m grading entirely on content, not mechanics (grammar, spelling, etc.); but a Response will lose points if it contains sentences that are unclear due to errors. And please do remember to italicize film titles.
3) At the left top of the first page put this information:
HUM 1020 Film Response 1
How Viewed and on What date (e.g. DVD/Netflix/Theater Viewed 1/30/2017)
Date Submitted and Word Count
4) In Films and Questions you will find a brief introduction to each film, and question or questions about its message/theme. For each of the two Film Responses, choose one film and answer ONE question about it. Note that some questions have more than one part. ALL of the Response MUST address the question. NO CREDIT whatsoever will be given for a plot recap or general statements about the film or the topic. I’ve seen all these films and know what happens in them, so do not waste any word count explaining the plot. ALWAYS refer to specific scenes and incidents in the film to support your answer to the questions.
5) Even if you’ve already seen the film you’re writing on, you should watch it again specifically to formulate a good answer to the question about it.
6) Submit the Responses in the module in which their due dates fall (Week 5 module for Film Response 1, Week 11 module for Film Response 2). These essays will be evaluated by SafeAssign and there should be no highlighted content in the SafeAssign report except for generic phrases, names (films, actors, etc.), and short quotes from the film. Do not put in long quotes; they will not be counted as part of the required word count.
7) I will assign each Response a point value up to 100, based on how well you addressed the question for the film, including specific references to scenes that support your view.
National Identity: Captain America – The Winter Soldier
Particularly in the final two chapters of our text, we see artistic reactions to the question of a national identity. As a country, what are our values? What characterizes us, as a group? How are we seen by people in other countries? Captain America (Links to an external site.)is a character created in a very different time, when America had entered the global conflict of World War II; he returns to fight new battles in our time in recent movies.
Questions: (Choose one)
A)How does the title character embody or characterize American as a country?E.g, what values are important to him?What are his strengths and weaknesses?Do you think his character represents our national character effectively? Refer to specific scenes that support your view.
B)This is one of many futuristic films that present an evil character or organization who desires total power, supposedly “for the good of humanity.” Captain America was created at a time when the Axis nations sought to dominate the world; in the current film, who is seeking world domination? How does the movie challenge the concept that human beings can’t be trusted with freedom? Refer to specific scenes that support your view.