Effects of Parenting Styles and Adolescent Sexuality
This discussion is a two-part question. There are a variety of parenting styles that are incorporated during adolescence. First, identify a parenting style that you have either witnessed or experienced and describe how this parenting style can positively or negatively affect an adolescent.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Second, discuss strategies parents can use to promote the positive development of an adolescent who is struggling with issues related to sexual behavior, sexual orientation or identity, and/or gender roles and identity issues. Be sure to support your post with concepts from the video, Human Growth & Development: Working With Adolescents and Young Adults, as well as assigned readings and other multimedia.
Prior to posting, read the Discussion Participation Scoring Guide to ensure you have met the expectations for this discussion. Use scholarly resources as needed. Include APA current edition style in-text citations and a list of references as applicable. Unless otherwise specified, these are the expectations for all discussions in this course.
Respond to the posts of at least two of your peers and provide substantive feedback on their perspectives on parenting styles as well as strategies parents can use to promote positive development of an adolescent struggling with sexuality and/or sexual identity. Be sure to support your peer responses with concepts from the video, Human Growth and Development: Working with Adolescents and Young Adults as well as assigned readings and multimedia.
This activity will help you achieve the following learning components:
- Describe cultural factors that can influence psychosocial development.
- Describe adolescent developmental processes using course materials and supplemental, peer-reviewed current journal articles (published within the last 5 years).
- Describe adolescent psychosocial development using higher order thinking skills.
- Writing should contain no grammatical and spelling errors.
- Apply appropriate organization with paragraphs that include a thesis statement and supporting details as well as transitional sentences.
- Cite course materials and supplemental journal articles using APA style in-text references and a reference list.