- Discuss what the 5/20 rule is according to the https://www.fda.gov/Food/IngredientsPackagingLabel… video. Include an example of a food label from your own pantry, clearly stating how the rule applies to specific nutrients on the food label.
- Outline how the 5/20 rule would be applied to at least two chronic diseases. For the diseases mentioned which nutrients should be reduced or increased?
- Discuss the proposed Food Label changes outlined in the Textbook explaining how the changes would help consumers understand food labels more effectively.
- Examine the food labels for three food items in your own pantry or refrigerator. Name the food products and build a list or a chart, indicating the following components:
- Total calories per serving
- Percentage of calories from fat
- Total amount of carbohydrates (in grams)
- Total amount of protein (in grams)
- Total amount of fiber (in grams)
- From your knowledge of nutrient intake and their associated chronic disease risk, are there changes you would make for the food labels examined?
The Grading Guide for Food Label and Health will be used for this assignment.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now