You are an action officer in your local jurisdiction’s Office of Homeland Security. This is a recently-created office. As a medium-size jurisdiction, the city manager’s office has dual responsibilities with many of the leadership and management positions. This is often referred to as being dual-hatted. The Chief of Police has been assigned as the Director of the Office of Homeland Security for the city. She has no prior experience or knowledge of the requirements involved in Critical Infrastructure and Key Resources (CIKR) protection and has asked you to provide a formal report on the topic. The Chief intends to share this report with other Office managers, City department heads, the city manager, and the elected officials of the City (mayor and city council).
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Your report is an information paper and should be formatted as such. The report should address the following items:
- Define critical infrastructure protection (CIP).
- Explain the importance of CIP.
- Identify the federal laws (acts of Congress), national level policies (Homeland Security Presidential Directives and Presidential Policy Directives), Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), and national doctrinal publications that govern CIKR operations at the federal level of government.
- Review and compare the National Infrastructure Protection Plan (NIPP) to PPD 21 and Executive Order 13636.
- Briefly describe and define the 16 CIKR sectors, and identify the Sector-Specific Agency (SSA) for each sector.
- Summarize your top 5 key points.
- Provide any recommendations that you may have to your city’s leadership concerning CIKR.
Reference all source material and citations using APA format.