course project, Organization Survey, business & finance homework help
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
For the needs assessment, you will want to consider potential sources of information that may help you in your analysis. This assignment is a building block toward compiling the information for the project. You will create a survey or questionnaire to be used for gathering the data.
Assessment Questionnaires: Questionnaires can be created that probe for areas in which systems, structures, or processes are not functioning as intended. They can be used to look toward group, departmental, or individual issues. See the information below regarding ideas for your Assessment Questionnaires. Remember to place the paper in the Week 3 Organization Survey Dropbox by end of day Sunday MT of the Week 3.
Potential questions include:
1. I am involved in decisions that directly affect my job.
2. My supervisor communicates with me on a regular basis.
3. I clearly understand what is expected of me.
4. I am rewarded for good performance.
5. My opinion has been asked regarding what needs to change in my work area.
6. I understand why the decisions that affect my job are made.
7. My supervisor gives me information that is important to me.
8. I have the skills necessary to perform my job properly.
9. I am rewarded for working well with others.
10. I receive frequent feedback on my performance.
11. I believe the information that I receive from my supervisor.
12. I have the tools necessary to perform my job properly.
13. My job leaves me with a sense of accomplishment.
14. I understand the information that I receive from my organization.
15. I am encouraged to make decisions that affect my job.
16. I am encouraged to communicate with my supervisor.
17. Team goals are supported throughout my organization.
18. My organization treats all employees well.
19. I have the information necessary to make decisions that affect my job.
20. I am encouraged to communicate with others.
21. The feedback that I receive is directly related to my job performance.
22. My organization treats all employees fairly.
23. My supervisor allows me to communicate my thoughts without fear of reprisal.
24. The feedback that I receive is constructive in nature.
25. My organization is interested in the growth and development of its employees.
26. I believe the information that I receive from my organization.
Observations: Individuals can be observed on the job and their interactions and activities noted for further analysis. Observations can include
- how individuals communicate (time spent, amount of detail, responsiveness);
- how individuals make decisions (time spent, involvement sought, etc.); and
- how work is performed (under pressure, in groups, etc.).
Interviews: Interviews can be conducted in person or via a distributed questionnaire that probe for areas where performance may be improved. Potential interview questions include the following.
- What do you think the most important part of your job is? What is least important?
- What would you like to learn to make your job easier or better? What are the programs, processes, or resources available for you to learn from?
- How have you developed the skills that you have?
- Who brings problems to you and what kind of problems are they? How do you usually solve them? Who do you ask for help?
- What do you find most frustrating about your job?
- What would you like to be spending your time doing? What would need to happen to let you do that?
It is up to you to determine the methodology to be used in conducting the assessment. Considerations should include the willingness of the organization and its employees to provide information, the availability of information from the organization to be studied, and the availability of individuals in the organization to be interviewed/observed.