https://qualitypapers.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/qplogo-300x60.png 0 0 paul https://qualitypapers.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/qplogo-300x60.png paul2023-03-01 00:25:592023-03-01 00:25:59Comparing Politics, Law, Policy, and Power
Comparing Politics, Law, Policy, and Power
Write a 6-8-page essay comparing two U.S. states’ approaches to issues of same-sex marriage or immigration policy.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
MUST FOLLOWING SCORING GUIDE TO THE LETTER
- Domhoff, W. (2015). Theories of power. Retrieved from http://www2.ucsc.edu/whorulesamerica/theory/
- This resource discusses several sociological theories of power, including the four network theory, pluralism, and state autonomy theory.
- Alvarez, P. (2017, February 19). A brief history of America’s ‘love-hate relationship’ with immigration. Atlantic. Retrieved from https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/…
- This article traces the history of social and policy responses to immigration.
- Healey, J. F., & O’Brien, E. (2015). Race, ethnicity, gender, & class: The sociology of group conflict and change (7th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Chapters 10, 12, 13, and 14 deal with political issues and policy concerns relevant to same-sex marriage and immigration.
- Mitchell, J. L., & Petray, E. (2016). The march toward marriage equality: Reexamining the diffusion of same-sex marriage among states. Public Policy and Administration, 31(4), 283–302.
- This article reviews state marriage policies in the context of the federal legalization of same-sex marriage.
- National Conference of State Legislatures. (2015.) Same-sex marriage laws. Retrieved from http://www.ncsl.org/research/human-services/same-s…
- This resource provides an overview of same-sex marriage laws prior to the 2015 Supreme Court ruling that legalized gay marriage nationwide.
- Orrenius, P. M., & Zavodny, M. (2017). Creating cohesive, coherent immigration policy. Journal on Migration and Human Security, 5(1), 180–193.
- This article reviews problems and limitations with U.S. immigration policy and ways to develop a more cohesive, effective policy.
- Schatz, P. (2017). Theoretical perspectives on government and power. Retrieved from http://philschatz.com/sociology-book/contents/m429…
- This chapter from a sociology text examines how the major theories approach power in relation to government and policy-making.