A performance appraisal is a regular review of employee job performance and contribution to organizational objectives. In many cases, performance appraisals are conducted at the end of the year to evaluate employee performance, as well as set performance for the next year. For this assignment, you will evaluate another function of HR and management and its contribution to effective performance management. Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read the article Adapting the Performance Appraisal Process to Meet the Needs of the Modern Workplace (Links to an external site.).
In your paper,
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Discuss how performance appraisals are a function of HR and management.
- Analyze the basic components of an effective performance appraisal.
- Explain how performance appraisals can contribute to organizational goals and objectives.
- Explain the advantages of performance appraisals and how they contribute to effective training and development.
- Explain potential forms of discrimination based on labor laws and regulations when conducting a performance appraisal.
The Performance Appraisal paper
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph.
- Must use at least two scholarly, peer-reviewed, or credible sources in addition to the course text.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.