- Assignment List
- Week 7 PowerPoint Creative Project
Week 7 PowerPoint Creative Project
DUE: May 19, 2019 11:55 PM
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
|Open Date||Mar 31, 2019 12:05 AM|
|Attachments checked for originality?||Yes|
Week 7 Creative Project – PowerPoint Presentation
200 Possible Points
The goal of the presentation is to demonstrate your understating of the fundamental role of learning and cognition in numerous processes and functions including perception, pattern recognition, attention, consciousness, learning, memory, concept formation, thinking, imaging, remembering, language, intelligence, emotions, and developmental processes, to name a few. This project is intended to provide you an opportunity to examine the concepts of cognition and learning that are of greatest interest to you, with the course content as a guide.
Drawing on your knowledge of course concepts, identify a topic of interest related to cognitive psychology. Examples of topics one might consider include learning disabilities, autism spectrum disorder, emotional regulation, memory enhancement, or learning a language.
In a PowerPoint presentation of at least 20 slides, not including title or reference slides, present your selected topic, demonstrating clear connections to cognitive psychology concept(s) introduced the course. In your presentation, include the following elements:
- Identify, describe, define, and discuss, with detail, the selected topic related to a cognitive psychology concept.
- Provide critical analyses in the examination of the topic; the relevance of the topic on its own and its connection to cognitive psychology should be established early and effectually in the work.
- Note the topic’s relation to cognitive psychology, discussing the major functions/processes involved.
- This may include multiple structures of the brain, functions, and processes of cognition; be thorough and inclusive.
- In the discussion, identify whether the topic is an occurrence of normal or abnormal cognitive functions/processes and how these functions/processes may be enhanced or impeded.
- Provide clear definitions and/or explanations for the cognitive psychology concepts included within the work as links to the selected topic are made.
- Close your work with the major take away points of the presentation.
- Include appropriate attributions to sources for photographic, artistic, and/or graphic depictions displayed within the presentation.
In developing your work, be sure to rely upon academic, scholarly sources to support the information included. Scholarly sources should be cited both in-text and on the reference slide of the submission. A minimum of three (3) academic, scholarly sources are required to be cited in the work.
Work should be submitted in a PowerPoint file or other compatible file, and be at least 20 slides in length, excluding the required title slide and separate reference slide. Detailed speaker notes should accompany slides containing mostly bullet point data to include the details expected in the instructions above.
The Week 7 assignment should be submitted by SUNDAY of Week 7, NLT 11:55 pm ET to the Week 7 Assignment Link accessed through the Assignments Link on the left of the main course screen. The school Late Policy applies to all course assignments and can be found in the course syllabus.
Citations and reference pages of the submission should be formatted per 6th edition (revised) APA standards. For assistance and resources on APA formatting style, please see the APUS Writing Center at Writing@APUS. You may also see Purdue’s OWL https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/ for general APA formatting information and for formatting help on many topics.
See the grading rubric below.