With proper goal alignment, each person within an organization can clearly see the direction of the business and understand how the activities he or she is engaged in contribute to meeting the overall organizational goals. However, goals need to be tailored for each functional area (department) because each area contributes differently to the overall goal attainment.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
In M2 Assignment 2, you explained the importance of goal alignment. In this assignment, you will:
- Develop a mission statement.
- Create a strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) analysis.
- Devise a business strategy based on strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) analysis.
- Develop organizational-level goals.
- Develop departmental-contributor-level and individual-contributor-level goals aligned with the organizational goals.
The company is a small, young consulting firm that hires recent master of business administration (MBA) graduates. Its niche market is consulting with small to midsized manufacturing companies on environmentally friendly (green) initiatives.
Its major competitors are the large consulting houses that primarily service large corporate clients and are very expensive. Until recently, the company did not see a viable market in green consulting. It is now beginning the venture into green consulting. Its approach is to retrain its senior consultants and approach its existing clients.
For this assignment:
- Create an organizational mission statement.
- Construct a fictitious competitive strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) analysis.
- Develop a business strategy to gain a competitive advantage based on the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) analysis.
- Select two departments (recall the concept of departmentalization that you had learned in Module 1 and think about the departments that might be found in a consulting firm). For each department:
- Create two departmental goals that support the organizational goal.
Note: Most departments have subunits within them (For example, accounting departments have subunits such as accounts receivable and accounts payable).
- Create three goals for two different individuals who work in those departments. Also, complete the following:
- Briefly describe each individual’s role (job).
- Follow the SMART goal format to create the goals.
Your final product should be a 5- to 7-page Microsoft Word document using a minimum of four sources from professional literature. Professional literature may include the Argosy University online library resources; relevant textbooks; peer-reviewed journal articles; and websites created by professional organizations, agencies, or institutions (.edu, .org, or .gov).
Be sure you write in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Use APA format.