Your responses should be composed in complete sentences and paragraphs and be 300–400 words in length. You should create your Seminar responses in MS Word making sure to follow APA format and cite all references used. Read Chapter 13 in your textbook Cultural Diversity: A Primer for the Human Services.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Title: Cultural Diversity: A Primaer for the Human Services Edition: 5th (2014) Author: Jerry V. Diller Publisher: Cengage Learning Book ISBN: 978-1-285-07540-2
- How are the characteristics described in Chapter 13 consistent or inconsistent with your experience/perception of African American culture?
- Where do a majority of your perceptions about African Americans come from?
- What information are you still missing to make a more complete picture?
- How do you differentiate between stereotypes and cultural descriptors/characteristics described in Chapter 13?
- How can these descriptors be helpful in your cross-cultural work with African American clients? How can these descriptors become destructive?
- What factors keep African Americans from seeking mental health services? From what other outlets do they seek help?
- What can you do as a Human Services Professional to build rapport and trust in your cross-cultural work with African American clients?